HOW WE'RE RACING (October races may look different).
Welcome to the golden kettle trail series
We produce a stress free, extremely organized and fun yet challenging event for every runner, regardless of experience level. This is a 4 race trail running series with three distance options at each event (short, mid and long).
Never tried trail running? Come give it a shot, we're here to help with gear, technique and any other questions you might have. Go for it!
McMiller | August 15, 2020
Nordic | August 30, 2020
Oleson | October 3, 2020
Scuppernong | October 25, 2020
95.00 | December
115.00 | January - April
135.00 | May - June
155.00 | July - August
SINGLE RACE SIGNUP
SINGLE RACE REGISTRATION
25.00 | Early Bird
30.00 | Increase 1
35.00 | Increase 2
40.00 | Last Call / Race Day
UPDATE ON STARTING
All assigned waves have had to be eliminated due to COVID 19
welcome to the
GOLDEN KETTLE VILLAGE
Where it's all happening | Due to COVID-19, we are not able to have our Village at this years events. We are hoping we can have some vendors out and music / beer at our October races.
some of whatcha get (COVID CRASHED)
1. Built in discount into all four series races.
2. Official 2020 Golden Kettle Trail Series decal.
3. Exclusive series runner coupons from sponsors.
4. $5 credit to use on series merchandise.
5. 4 incredibly organized trail races.
6. FREE professional runner photos at all events.
7. Accurate chip timed race results.
8. 4 awesome connecting finisher medals.
- put them together for a map of the southern unit!
9. Pot luck style post race spread.
10. Well marked trails & stocked aid stations.
11. Live music in the Golden Kettle Village.
12. Free locally brewed craft beer.
13. Free park entry for all 4 races.
1. One incredibly organized trail race.
2. FREE professional runner photos.
3. Accurate chip timed race results.
4. Awesome finisher medal.
5. Pot luck style post race spread.
6. Well marked trails & stocked aid stations.
7. Live music in the Golden Kettle Village.
8. Free locally brewed craft beer.
9. Free day entry into the trails.
NO TRACE • NO WASTE
No Cups / No Plastic Water Bottles | At all our events, we're eliminating the use of cups at aid stations as well as plastic water bottles at the finish. We will have water fill up stations in the GK Village. PLEASE make sure you run with a handheld or pack to fill up with water or electrolytes while out on course.
Fallen trees = finisher medals | All our finisher medals are made from wood that has been harvested from trees in the Southern Kettle Moraine Forrest. We use hemp as a ribbon and have every intention to continue this awesome process to lower our footprint and have a unique award for finishers.
Clothing | The average American throws away 80lbs of clothing a year. If you're like me, you have SO many race shirts that just stack up and rarely get worn. We're changing that - no race shirt means a lower registration price and less waste from our event. Don't worry, we do have awesome merchandise and gear for sale during registration and at the event. If you like the designs / want to rep the series, you can!
Garbage Bins Everywhere | You'll notice we have A LOT of garbage and recycle bins throughout the village. Use them, and please help us keep the area clean. The goal is always to pack up and leave the space just like it was when we arrived - as if we were never there :). If we see you throwing trash on the ground around the village or on the trail, we will pull your bib and DQ you from the race.
it's about more than running...
LET'S GET REAL
The Golden Kettle Trail Series is excited to be working directly with the Southern Kettle Moraine Department of Natural Recourses to help maintain and improve the trails in the Southern Kettle Moraine Unit.
Every time you race a Golden Kettle Trail Series event, feel good knowing you're a part of something bigger than yourself. By racing, you're enable us to support the DNR and their efforts in both maintaining and improving the trails we all love so much.